Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Ultimate Dilemma

It's 90 degrees outside, it's 12:30 p.m., and it's just gonna get worse.

There's something you ought to know about me - far greater than my hatred of rain is my hatred of the heat. It's part of the reason why I left Florida. I hate the heat so much, and can't stand to be sweaty unless it's for a worthwhile reason.

So right now I'm in my room with the window open, the blinds drawn, and my fan on medium, and it's pretty comfortable. I don't have an air conditioner and can't install one because there are bars over my window. I've been thinking of buying a portable AC, but the weather hasn't warranted it... yet.

Which brings me to this ultimate Year of Yes dilemma. Do I hide indoors all day, like I did yesterday, until the sun is mostly down? Or do I brave the blazing heat for a double-feature of Doctor Who at Terry's house?

A weekly group viewing is usually one of my favorite things, but we haven't met in a while. Most of this season's episodes have been solo viewings on YouTube instead of on Terry's enormous television with the WHO Crew. And I do miss everyone. TV is more fun when it's an experience, not when you're by yourself. Also, these two episodes are supposed to be terrific.

I love Doctor Who, quite frankly, but I hate the heat.

Which one will win?

No comments: