Friday, May 2, 2008

Day Off

With my roommate out of town, I decided to take the day off and live it up, Ferris Bueller style.

First point of order: not going back to sleep. This is really hard for me to do, believe it or not, as sleep is one of my five favorite things. But when I tied back the curtain, that was a sign that yes, this is gonna be different than any other day off (where I sleep until 1 p.m.).

I have plans, big plans, for today, and they don't just include eating Fruity Pebbles and watching the newest episode of 30 Rock... even if that is the second point of order for the day.

I will do this while simultaneously downloading podcasts of The Game Master Show, specifically episodes 36-41, because they're about Dread (I am writing a Dread game, more about that later). And I will listen to them while heading toward my third point of order, which is...

The Guggenheim (pronounced "Gug-in-heim" or "Gug-guh-guh" because I am 10 years old) to see Cai Guo-Qiang: I Want to Believe. I've been wanting to see this for a while, and it'll be good to go during the day when there are no crowds, because I hate crowds.

Applebee's Julie (that's her new nickname) went there earlier in the week (she works in the art shipping industry, and might have even shipped this exhibition) and gave me the heads-up on how to see this exhibit most effectively - namely, go to the top and work one's way down.

Having accomplished something high-brow, I intend to do something high tech with my fourth point of order, namely, I'm gonna see Iron Man. Even though I'm a former comic book nerd (I even worked in a comic book store back in the '90s, just like everyone else), I don't get so much into comic book movies. But I'm strangely psyched for this one. I don't know why, I don't even like Iron Man. But seriously, that preview is pretty kick-ass and I've only heard great things about it from my friends at Marvel Comics.

I really don't have any points of order after that. I guess it depends on the weather (if it's raining, I will hide somewhere or go back home) and if I'm tired (which would require a nap), but I am pretty psyched for today.

And if I run into a parade, I'll totally crash it.

No comments: