Friday, February 15, 2008

Lunchtime Dilemma

On Fridays in Lent, the cafeteria offers the Fisherman's Platter. $5.50 for a bonanza of fish sticks, cod, fried clams and shrimp (choice of two), PLUS Cajun fries. It's just not fair, that's so goddamn delicious.

But one of my goals in 2008 is to not be such a raging fatass, and I wasn't that hungry... mostly because I'd already had a huge breakfast of Waffle Bar AND Breakfast Bar (eggs and a sausage patty and a handful of tater tots).

I like to indulge in a waffle on Fridays, and I felt the Breakfast Bar was deserved because last night's macrobiotic dinner (at Angelica Kitchen) left me too hungry and too healthy.

So I gave in to the waffle, but lunchtime offered this chilling challenge... Do I get the Fisherman's Platter anyway? Or do I stay true to my desire for a healthier body, and just get a thing of soup?

And again, that's what the Year of Yes is all about. It's not just the grand, exciting adventures, but it's also the tedium of being a responsible human being for the greater good. THE GREATER GOOD.

I will say this, though, the soup was pretty satisfying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you work at mtv, right? oh man do i miss the lodge! cheap, awesome food. color me jealous.