Monday, February 4, 2008

Sleep Regimen: Day One

Last night, I got home from a Superb Bowl party just minutes before midnight, and I'm proud to say I was still in bed by about 12:15.

Football normally isn't really my thing, so saying Yes to the party wasn't that easy (my Sunday was a long day of rehearsals and filming). But I decided that supporting the Giants with my friends was better than a quiet evening at home with Tony and Angela, so indeed I went.

And was it ever worth it! There's no need to recap the game - if you care, you saw it and you know what I'm talking about. If you don't care, then you don't want to read a recap. But the food was most delicious and it was nice spending time with people that I usually only see in the World of Warcraft.

Anyway, this post isn't about the Giants' victory, it's about my victory over sleep. I'm pretty proud that I got home, showered, and then decided not to check my email or blog about what a good sleeper I am. I just went to bed.

After some harrowing dreams, I woke up to sunlight. The lack of a 6 a.m. alarm made me think I overslept, and I was ready to chalk this experiment up as a stupid, stupid failure. But it turns out I woke up a few minutes before my 7:35 alarm.

This doesn't mean I got out of bed, hell, no, I just half-slept until the alarm went off, and then spent a few more minutes lying around, for good measure. Thankfully, I didn't fall back asleep.

My new schedule has resulted in ample time to write this entry, but, honestly, I don't feel any better than I normally do. Even if I'm making better use of my time, I'd rather have spent it lying around.

I hope I feel differently after the two weeks are up.

No comments: